4. St. John’s, Anglican
60 Broad Road, Oromocto
A St. John’s church has stood in Oromocto since 1792. The initial small building was replaced in 1864 by a “free” church (in which parishioners did not have to pay for their pews). The present church was built in 1921. St. John’s is near Canadian Forces Base Gagetown and many military families worship here. A Canadian flag- covered table at the front of the church holds photographs of personnel on active duty overseas.