18. Sacred Heart, Catholic
129 Route 124, Norton (1899)
The original church, known as St. Stephen’s, was located on the main highway, where the Lower Norton Cemetery is located. The first church in the village was built in 1832. It was later abandoned.
This Roman Catholic Church was officially opened and blessed by John Sweeny, Bishop of Saint John, in 1899. A spacious parish hall was erected to commemorate the golden jubilee of the parish in September 1949.
Over the years the parish has carried out extensive renovations These were carefully planned so as not to interfere with the beautiful stained glass windows of the church, but would be in keeping with the original style.