16. St. Paul’s, Anglican
486 Kennebecasis River Road, Hampton
Bishop Inglis of Nova Scotia described St. Paul’s church, when he consecrated it in 1826, as being “finely situated in the midst of beautiful scenery”.
By 1867 the old church was in need of many repairs, and the ‘Ladies Sewing Society’ offered $ l,400 to build a new church on the same site, if certain conditions would be met. Among these was the stipulation that the pews would no longer be owned by individuals, but be free to anyone. Their conditions were met and in 1869 construction of a wooden Gothic Revival church was begun and was consecrated by Bishop Medley in 1871.
St. Paul’s has one of only three lytchgates in New Brunswick.
Tours on Request: call (506) 832-3375