12. Beulah Camp, Wesleyan
229 Beulah Road, Browns Flat
Beulah Camp, whose roots are with the Atlantic Baptist Church of Canada, opened in the summer of 1894. In the early years, it was served primarily by the great paddlewheel steamboats, The Majestic and the D.J. Purdy, which gave special rates to people going to Beulah Camp. Baptisms in the St. John River were special from the first day. Early gatherings were held in a large tent before a permanent sanctuary, a spectacular octagonal Tabernacle, was ready for use by worshipers in 1897. It is still in use today at the heart of Beulah Camp.